Recipe: A Refreshing Jar Of Herbal-Infused Lemonade
Posted on June 27 2022
Without doubt, lemonade is one of the most popular summer beverages. When you take this one step further and make herbal-infused lemonade, the end result is a refreshing drink that is also packed with nutritious ingredients. Below is a quick recipe with step-by-step instructions on how to make a refreshing jar of herbal-infused lemonade!
You will need to prepare the following ingredients:
- Herbal-infused tincture or sugar: All dried herbs should have undergone the process of decarboxylation before being mixed with sugar.
- Granulated white sugar: Dissolving rapidly in water, granulated white sugar can give your lemonade a sweet and smooth taste!
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice: While you can choose to use ready-made lemonade, freshly squeezed will provide the best results. Fresh lemons come chockfull with vitamin C, folate and potassium, all of which are great for your immune system.
- Garnishes of your choice: This can include lemon wedges, mint leaves, and anything else you like!
Making Herbal-Infused Lemonade
Once you have all the ingredients ready, follow the below steps to make your jar of fresh lemonade!
- Place the lemon juice in a big jar, preferably one that is made from aluminum.
- Next, add both the granulated white sugar and the herb-infused
- Subsequently, add filtered water and stir the entire mixture thoroughly.
- Afterward, add ice to taste and stir it a second time.
- Finally, add the garnishes of your choice and serve!
Tweaking the Beverage to Your Liking and Party Size
If you are hosting a party or and any other social gathering, it is easy to make a larger batch as this recipe only makes use of three core ingredients. While lemonade is most commonly enjoyed during summer, this recipe can be followed any time of the year, and you may choose to add a touch of vodka to spice things up if you wish. As this recipe is dairy and gluten free, it is also suitable for vegans!
Alternative Infusion Choices
When it comes to edibles, there are multiple options for herbal infusions. For this specific drink, herbal sugar is highly recommended, but you can also use tinctures as both have been proven to work. If you decide to go for tinctures, be sure that it is infused with an alcohol base as an oil-base tincture will not work.
If you have opted for a tincture, you will need to be mindful of the level you are adding as this will include a certain remnant of higher proof alcohol. Finally, be sure the water and granulated sugar are thoroughly mixed to prevent a gritty texture. Enjoy your lemonade!
Best Practices for Storage
If you ended up making made more lemonade than you can drink at one go, you will want to store it for later. This herbal-infused lemonade can be placed in a fridge for as long as seven days, and you also have the option of freezing extra lemon juice if you wish to make more batches of the lemonade in future!