Adding A Twist to A Summer Favorite: Special S’mores
Posted on August 31 2022
For many of us, simply the mention of s’mores brings back fond memories that go all the way back to childhood. There are few of us who have not experienced being around a campfire, toasting s’mores while having heart-to-heart talks with our nearest and dearest. Whether you prefer dark chocolate, milk chocolate or even white chocolate, you have full control over how toasted you want your s’more to be.
Looking to recapture some of that nostalgia this summer? Why not try out our special s’mores recipe by adding some herbal infused oil? Whether you are preparing a fresh batch for the recipe or making use of a leftover batch you have earlier, you are sure to enjoy some mouthwatering goodness!
Ingredient List for Eight S’Mores
This list of ingredients will allow you to make eight s’mores. Of course, if you wish to make more, simply apportion the ingredients as needed!
- 8 marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers to each marshmallow, for a total of 16
- 2 chocolate bars that have been infused with herbs – you can choose to purchase these ready-made from a store or make your own using a botanical infuser.
Making a S’more
Chances are you do not need to be taught how to make traditional s’mores! However, here is a little refresher for everyone:
- Place a piece of chocolate on top of a graham cracker.
- Toast your marshmallow – how long you do this for will depend on how crisp you want it!
- Next, place the hot marshmallow on top of the piece of chocolate before topping it off with another graham cracker. That’s all you need to do to enjoy a warm and gooey s’more!
How to Make Herbal Infused Chocolate
Instead of purchasing ready-made herbal infused chocolate bars, why not try your hand at making your own? This way, you will be able to control the dosage of herbal-infused oil as well as select the type of chocolate you prefer.
As a bonus, you can also add anything you like according to taste, such as a spoonful of vanilla or orange zest, a sprinkling of fruits or even your favorite nuts. Make your s’mores that much more special with your own customized chocolate!
Making herbal infused chocolate is easy – simply follow these steps:
- Start by melting the chocolate. This can be done in a microwave or on the stove. If you are melting your chocolate on the stove, place it in a bowl suspended over a pot of boiling water.
- When your chocolate has reached liquid state, it’s time to pour in your herbal tincture. At this stage, you can add the other ingredients you have prepared, such as nuts and fruits. Make sure everything is mixed well before bringing it to a slow simmer.
- Turn down the heat and pour your mixture into a bowl. Allow it to harden – you can place it in the refrigerator if necessary.