Prosciutto & Ricotta Wrapped Melon with Calabrian Pepper-Infused Honey
Posted on September 14 2021
Take a break from your busy day and enjoy a slice of something salty, creamy and spicy! Our prosciutto and vegan ricotta wrapped melon is the perfect refreshing mid day snack, & it's even more delicious when paired with a spicy infused honey! All made with our Botanical Infuser Machine & Kit, this recipe is super easy and the infused honey is versatile and can be added to marinades, dressing & more!
This recipe will make 1 cup of infused honey but can also be made in small batches of 2/3 cup with our Small butter maker if you'd prefer to not have much leftover to store.
These are the ingredients you'll need to create this recipe at home:
For the Calabrian Pepper-Infused Honey
1 cup honey
8-10 dried Calabrian chilis, depending on your spice tolerance
For the melon
Regular or vegan ricotta
Basil for garnish
- Add honey to the base of your ONGROK Botanical Infuser machine. Break Calabrian chili peppers in half and add to the machine. Set temperature to 160℉. Press the 4 hour button let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once honey is done, strain mixture through ONGROK Micron Filter Bag into a bowl. Transfer to an air-tight container.
- Peel and slice your cantaloupe. Leave a little ledge in each wedge for the ricotta to rest on. Pat slices dry.
- Place ricotta cheese on cantaloupe ledge. Wrap in prosciutto. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Drizzle wrapped melon slices with your spicy infused honey!